Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wamego, KS

I know, you read the title of this post and you're like...'Wamego, KS, I've never heard of it!'  Well, you should have!  Allow me to introduce you to this hole in the wall town that I must say, has so much character.  What do you think of when you think of Kansas?  If you didn't automatically think of The Wizard of Oz, perhaps you are too young to know about that movie, and in that case, thank you for making me feel old.  But for the rest of you who automatically thought of Oz, well, located in this small town is The Oz Museum...a little slice of happiness.

off to see the wizard

Lots of pictures were taken here of course...enjoy a few...



The museum was great.  For people like me who get lost in the fictional lands in books (or books made into movies), it's awesome to visit a museum dedicated to them.  Just down the street from the museum was The Oz Winery.  I left this place with a few goodies...chocolate, and a pack of 4 cream sodas, 2 orange and creams, and 2 strawberries and cream.  To try and put into words how happy those 4 little bottles made me is difficult, so I'll just let this picture speak for itself...



Small towns sometimes offer so many delights!

And the adventure continues...

stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment