Thursday, March 29, 2012

L.A.

So here we are, at last, our final stop.  I should mention, if I haven't already, that this blog is behind by about 2 weeks.  My hope was that I'd be able to write at each stop, but a travelers life isn't always planned, and it was hard to write when I didn't always have wifi...and of course, some nights and days were busier than others.  But, it doesn't really matter that it's late...just matters that I'm writing now.  Anyhoot, our last stop, completely from one side of the country to the other...Los Angeles.  I should mention I have been to L.A. before and I've never been impressed by it.  But, Jas had never been, and I had never done the major tourist attraction stuff, so, we did.  I still wasn't impressed, but, at least I can say I've been there.

We found a combo deal so we could go to both the Guinness World of Records Museum and the Hollywood Wax Museum, so we did that.  What we found in both was that L.A. does not care for it's museum half as well as the museums we saw along the way, or the museums back home for that matter.  As a matter of fact it seems like L.A. doesn't care to take care of much.  The highways were horrible...potholes everywhere.  I just really don't get why people get so excited to go to this city.  I mean I get that there's the whole celebrity appeal, and I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see a certain celebrity or two...but, I'm just uninterested in taking tours of celebrity houses or hotspots, and these were the things people were trying to shove down our faces everywhere.  But, that's not to say that I didn't have fun with what we had...we made the best of it, as you can see in these pics:





And I will say I was looking forward to seeing certain celebrities stars on the Walk of Fame, and stepping in their shoe print and putting my hands in their hand print.  Those who know me know of my love, or some may call it a slight obsession, with Johnny Depp.  I wouldn't leave till I saw his star...




Here's a few more stars I thought worthy of a picture:
James Dean


Judy Garland
Michael Jackson


Dr. Seuss
Frank Sinatra
Tito Puente

And a few more who's feet I stepped into.  The first picture I simply couldn't resist.  My love of books, but more specifically my love of the Harry Potter series jumped for joy at it.


Dame Helen Mirren

Will Smith


Clearly this post is mostly pictures because I don't have many great things to say for L.A.  But that's just my personal opinion.  Maybe one day I'll see the awesomeness that so many others see.  We did find this random little place on Hollywood Blvd. that had a delicious taco, rice and black beans combo.    
L.A. was more about getting stuff done.  We had 3 days there and then we were getting on a plane.  So reality was hitting us hard.  No harder than when I took my car to the dealership to get it serviced and ended up paying the equivalent of maybe an arm, or leg, or both (that's probably an exaggeration)...and having to leave it there for hours and get a loaner.  Up side...I got to drive a Prius for a couple hours, and...it was relatively minor.  It can always be worse, so while I wasn't thrilled about having to put out the money, I wasn't upset...I was thankful, because I have so much to be thankful for.  And then I had to drop my car off to be shipped.  It was hard for me to leave without her.  But, thankfully, to help my mind from focusing on that, my awesometastic cousin came to pick us up from the port, and we got to do lunch and catch up.  So, my favorite part of L.A. was that my cousin was close enough to see.  I must say it was nice to see a family member the day before hopping on a plan that would take me very, very far from my family back home.

And this adventure ends...but another one begins...

Stay tuned...



No comments:

Post a Comment