Friday, May 18, 2012

Lessons

I'm a very private person- I think I always have been.  I don't announce things about my life publicly...so when I decided to make the move I kept the information close to the chest.  I told only a few, and I just assumed that people who I didn't tell wouldn't be hurt by not knowing.  I fully expected some of my relationships to change, or end with this move.  And when I use the term relationship I mean that generally...not romantic relationships specifically.  People change, and grow.  And sometimes distance is enough to fracture any relationship.  I've always subscribed to the belief that if it's that easy to end a relationship it wasn't worth having.  People leave your life sometimes.  And my response to these times were to just shrug it off and chalk it up to another relationship ended.  Many times I assume that people just don't care that much, and my roomie has to remind me that many do...and that I sometimes don't show people that I actually care, that I don't realize people's feelings are hurt.  I should mention, I also believe in the "reason, season, lifetime" theory...that people come into your life for one of the three.  Some people come into your life, complete their purpose and leave as quickly and quietly as they came into it.  Others stay around for good.  However, I do realize that no relationship works without both parties putting effort into it.  As I hoped it would, the move has given me clarity on some relationships I previously was letting fall by the wayside.  There are still some I don't care to try and save...but there are others that I realize I should make an effort with.  I'd hate to look back in the future and know I lost someone very special to me because I was too cold to let them know they were.

Just another lesson learned.  Hopefully I never stop learning them.

And the adventure continues...

Stay tuned...

2 comments: