Friday, December 14, 2012

The Color Run

Since moving here, I've found there to be no excuses to not dedicate myself to being physically active.  Back home there was no good place to run.  Dogs were always out running lose.  I would end up running on busy roads, etc.  But here, it's like this island was made for active people.  I got back into running pretty hard, and I was looking forward to doing all the runs I had missed out on for different reasons within the last few years.  Mostly because no one else was running at the time, even though EVERYone is running now!  But, I will not go on a rant about that.

The first run that came up was The Color Run, aka the Happiest 5k on the planet!  It's literally a 5k where they throw this colored powder at you at different points of the run.  At the end, there's this color party, where there's just music, dancing, and color.  Cool right?  As if that wasn't enough, the money from each run in every different location, supports different causes.  The one here benefited Ocean Lotus Hawaii, which is a non-profit organization that provides after school tutoring, and weekend activities for homeless/underprivileged youth here.  So, not only did we get to run this awesome 5k, but we got to support an awesome cause...win win!

This was a fun run, so I tried to keep my competitive side quiet.  A lot of people came with their kids, or just walked the course.  I ran the whole thing, but I didn't run it like I would have if it was a race.  I'm pretty competitive by nature so that was a little weird for me.  But it was an awesome time!  And I look forward to the future runs, and obstacle courses I plan to do!

I love color!

Before

After



before... and....after


And the adventure continues...

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment