Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to the island I go

After I got back on island after my work training, I still had a few weeks of on the job training.  From pretty much the beginning though, I was smacked hard in the face with the reality of my job.  Training never legitimately prepares you for the real realities of your job does it?  I mean I get it...it's training, they can only do so much.  But to say I've been overwhelmed is an understatement.  Feeling completely lost is not a feeling I often experience...nor is it one I particularly enjoy.  It's been sometime since I've had to be the new person...the person who knows nothing.  As if learning the job isn't enough, I'm also trying to learn my way around the island.  I pretty much never drove before I got the job...I walked or took the bus everywhere, so now that I have to drive, I never know where I'm going.  One plus though...my old job, I drove 70 miles one way to my office...and here, I drive 7.  Talk about a difference!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I'm blessed to have a job.  I'm bless to be here, and to have come with nothing, and to already have so much.  It's just frustrating feeling like you're unsure of yourself...like it's going to take so long to feel confident.

At least Jas and I, and are new found buddies/my two co-workers/our sort of part time roomies, find time to paint the town.  It's nice to let some of the frustrations go.  And wherever Jas and I go, we make a party, so it's always a good time.  I'm trying to keep this balance of work and play.  Too often I dive so far into work that I end up drowning myself in it....but not here.  That's definitely not an option here.







And the adventure continues...

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment